Instant Pot friendly recipe, Whole 30, Paleo, Keto, Low-Carb
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chicken Egg Roll Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp of gelatin (Vital Proteins has a great grass-fed beef gelatin)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp beef broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Sesame seeds for garnish
Asian Broccoli Slaw
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Drizzle of Siracha or chili paste (omit for Whole 30 or Paleo due to added sugar)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground chicken, onion, carrots, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, and pepper. Once you have mixed the ingredients together, sprinkle on the gelatin, ensuring that it is evenly distributed so it does not clump together. Form 1-2 inch meatballs and set to the side.
- Pour 1/3 cup of olive oil into the Instant Pot bowl and hit the Sauté button, allow the oil to heat up. Working in small batches, place the meatballs into the olive oil and move around in the pot so they do not stick. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of beef broth and 1/4 cup of coconut aminos to the pot. Secure the lid and press the Pressure Cook/Manual button. Then use the +\- buttons to adjust the time until 5 minutes is displayed.
- Meanwhile, while the meatballs are cooking turn the stove to low heat. Add sesame seeds to the pan, stirring constantly until golden brown. This should only take a couple minutes, then set aside for garnish.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a sauté pan and turn the stove to medium-high heat. Once the oil has heated, add the broccoli slaw, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and 2 tbsp of coconut aminos to the pan. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, use the quick release on the pressure valve and remove the lid once it is safe. Remove the meatballs from the pot, leaving any small bits of the meat behind for the sauce.
- Mix 2 tsp of arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp of beef broth to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the pot and use an immersion blender to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve meatballs over the broccoli slaw, pour desired amount of sauce over top and garnish with sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired.
**Recipe serves 4 people
Recipe adapted from “Affordable Paleo Cooking with your Instant Pot” by Jennifer Robbins
**This post contains affiliate links