High Protein, Dairy-Free
Looking for a high protein shake that tastes like dessert? Look no further! This “milkshake” can be eaten anytime of day, but I especially love it eating it for dessert to meet those late-night cravings while helping me get in all of my protein for the day!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 frozen banana (I like to cut ripe bananas into chunks and freeze to have on hand)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Eat the Bear Grass-Fed Whey Protein)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or 1 tbsp tapioca starch (Thickening agents – I prefer xanthan gum )
- 2 tbsp PBfit peanut butter powder (Or Barney’s almond butter powder, if you can’t have peanuts)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey
- About 1 cup or 140 grams of ice (I use grams to measure since its more consistent for ice)
- 1 tbsp Lily’s chocolate chips (Could use regular dark chocolate chips as well)
- Any other toppings you might enjoy for a little extra treat – some suggestions include coconut whipped cream, nuts, and maybe even a little hot fudge 🙂
- Combine almond/coconut milk, filtered water, frozen banana, protein powder, 1 tbsp peanut/almond butter powder, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, honey, tapioca starch/xanthan gum, and ice in a blender pitcher or Nutri-Bullet blender cup.
- Blend (I use a Nutri-Bullet Blender) until ice and banana are thoroughly blended and shake is a creamy consistency.
- Mix in remaining 1 tbsp peanut butter/almond butter powder and 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, stirring until combined.
- Top with 1 tbsp chocolate chips and any other toppings that you might enjoy for a little extra deliciousness on your dessert 🙂
**Recipe for single serving, fits in a large Nutri-Bullet cup
**This post contains affiliate links