Instant-Pot, High-Protein, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
This is a much quicker way to make steel-cut oats in the morning and this recipe packs in 22 grams of protein per serving. These are Paleo, if you choose to include minimally processed grains in your diet.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or coconut spray
- 2 cups organic sprouted steel-cut oats
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 can coconut milk, blended first with a Nutri-Bullet or another blender (equals about 2 cups of liquid, if you want to use any other non-dairy milk as a substitute. *Please note: Do not use dairy milk, it will burn
- 1 tbsp Organic Grade A maple syrup (another sweetener can be used)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 4 tbsp Barney’s almond butter or PBfit peanut butter powder, plus some for topping (I used almond butter powder)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk (you can adjust this based on your desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
Optional for topping:
- Berry compote topping (Link to my recipe)
- Almond/coconut milk
- Fresh berries or any other fruit you may like
- Chia seeds
- Almond butter or peanut butter powder
- Coat the bottom and sides of your Instant Pot with coconut oil, so it does not stick
- Pour in steel-cut oats, filtered water, blended coconut milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp almond/peanut butter powder, and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Mix ingredients together and secure lid onto Instant Pot, making sure lid is sealed and valve is closed.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/Manual for 4 minutes. Once timer goes off, allow steam to natural release for 14 minutes. If the pin has not dropped after 14 minutes, switch to manual release and let the remaining steam release. Make sure to turn the Instant Pot completely off and do not keep on warm setting (this will overcook the oats).
- Stir the steel-cut oats to incorporate any remaining liquid. Mix in 2 additional tbsp almond/peanut butter powder, 1/3 cup almond/coconut milk, and 1 tbsp grass-fed butter. Mixing constantly so it does not clump, sprinkle 2 scoops of Vital Proteins collagen powder into oatmeal – stirring until fully incorporated. Add additional cinnamon and salt to taste.
- Top with almond/coconut milk, warm berry compote or any other toppings you desire.
- Serve immediately or put into containers for later (allow to cool before refrigerating).
**Recipe serves 4 people
** Steel-cut oats are a great make-ahead breakfast – you can refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months. Simply store in portioned containers and reheat when ready to use.
**This post contains affiliate links
One thought on “High-Protein Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats”