A childhood classic, lightened up by baking instead of frying and substituting ingredients with healthier alternatives such as whole wheat flour and Paleo mayonnaise. Recipe can be made gluten-free by simply substituting with gluten-free panko and flour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs (can substitute with gluten-free)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (can substitute with gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp Paleo mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt, divided (plus some additional)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp parsley, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp paprika, divided
- Olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paleo BBQ sauce to make into Paleo Copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce
Baked Chicken Tenders:
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. Spread panko breadcrumbs onto baking sheet covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper, spray with olive oil, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Bake for roughly 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and pour into a mixing bowl. (This step is essential to crispy chicken tenders!)
- Into the mixing bowl with breadcrumbs, add 1/4 tsp of each of the following spices: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper to the breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together beaten egg, 2 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp mustard, 1 tbsp pickle juice, 1 tsp honey, and remaining 1/4 tsp of each of the following spices: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Using tongs dip chicken tenders into egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Then, dip chicken into breadcrumb mixture making sure to press breadcrumbs onto the chicken.
- Place chicken tenders onto the aluminum foil or parchment covered baking sheet and into the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of chicken. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees. Most chicken tenders will only take 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with dipping sauce (recipe below)
- **If reheating, use a toaster oven or oven set to 350 degrees and reheating for about 5 minutes until warm. Note: These do not microwave well.
Paleo Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- Combine 1/3 cup Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise , 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp cayenne. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with chicken tenders.
Paleo Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce:
- Combine honey mustard sauce above with equal parts Paleo BBQ sauce
**Recipe serves 4 people
**This post contains affiliate links
One thought on “Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders”
Reblogged this on BRUT IMPERIAL ANTARCTICA.