- 2 12 ounce bags of trimmed green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Water and ice for ice bath
- Steam green beans either in microwave or on stove top (once water has boiled) for about 3 minutes, undercooking slightly.
- Remove from heat immediately, draining, and submerging into an ice bath (cold water in a bowl filled with ice). Allow to sit for 2 minutes, drain water, and pat green beans dry.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add in green beans (be careful when adding to pan if green beans are still wet – oil will splatter).
- Saute for 2 minutes before adding in minced garlic and lowering heat to medium-low. Stir in 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp butter. Saute for an additional minute until garlic is fragrant and butter is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with Apricot Chicken Roll Ups or protein of your choice.
**Serves 4 people as a side dish