Celery juice provides a large dose of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, potassium and flavonoids. It has been said to aid in digestion and weight loss, alkalize the body, and help restore proper gut and liver function. It also has been suggested that celery juice can lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and inflammation. People have even claimed it can heal serious skin issues, fight infections, and cure many diseases. There is a lot of research out there that supports these claims, however, of course I would suggest doing your own research. For me, if any of these claims are true – I am all for starting my day with a glass of celery juice!
“Celery Juice is one of the most powerful and healing juices we can drink. Just 16 ounces of fresh celery juice every morning on an empty stomach can transform your health and digestion in as little as one week.”Anthony Williams, Liver Rescue
Last year, I tested the claim to improved digestion and overall health. I drank 16 ounces of straight celery juice on an empty stomach every morning for 8 months straight. I didn’t start off expecting much, however after about two weeks, I noticed a huge difference in my digestion, bloat, energy levels, skin, joints, and overall wellness.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Kitchen Gadgets I recommend for this recipe:
Cold-Press Masticating Juicer – This is a similar juicer to what you would see in your local juice bar. It is a cold-press juicer and operates differently than the juicer most families own. Though this juicer will juice slower than your typical juicer, it extracts more juice from the fruits and vegetables you are juicing – resulting in long-term savings on produce. It also extracts juice by slowly pressing the produce, rather than cutting it up like a centrifugal/traditional juicer does, which results in longer lasting juice. Juice will last up to three days with this juicer versus the one day that juice lasts with a centrifugal/traditional juicer. This is a great option if you like to prep ahead of time and do not have time to make juice every day. Personally, I believe this is the better option of the two types.
Centrifugal Juicer/Traditional Juicer – This is a higher-quality juicer than some of the other centrifugal juicers out there. Most people own this type of juicer and it works great if you are looking for something that juices at a quicker speed or if you are just getting started with juicing. Juices made by centrifugal juicers only last about one day due to being slightly heated by the force of the blades, so they are best if you are juicing daily rather than prepping ahead for a few days.
Brieftons Glass Bottles with Stainless Steel Lids – If you are looking to juice regularly, I would recommend purchasing these glass bottles. The glass allows the juice to retain its benefits and prevents plastic chemicals from leaching into your fresh juice. They are super convenient to grab on the go and allow you to enjoy your juice like it is fresh from your local juice bar. This set allows for a slightly larger serving with 18 ounces, and it also comes with a cleaning brush and stainless steel lids!
16 oz Glass Mason Jars with Plastic Lids – Storing fresh juice in glass jars or bottles helps the juice retain its benefits longer and prevents plastic chemicals from leaking into your juice. I like the ones with plastic lids because they are reusable and provide an airtight seal and 16 ounces is a great serving size for most. Mason Jars are a great option if you are just getting into juicing and want a storage option that can be used for many other items. In addition to juices, I use my Mason Jars for oatmeal, coffee, soups, and to store dry items in our pantry.
Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide – A great book if you are looking for more information about the benefits of celery juice and success stories of juicing.
“Celery juice is everywhere for a reason: because it’s saving lives as it restores people’s health one symptom at a time.“Anthony William, Celery Juice
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 lemons (If you can omit the lemon, it is best to for the healing benefits to not include it, however, celery juice is an acquired taste and not everyone can stomach it right away. Personally, I started with lemon and lessened the amount I used each week. I now drink straight celery juice with no problem and even enjoy it in the mornings!
- Wash celery well with vinegar wash. Cut off bottom of celery stalks and remove leaves
- If using lemon, remove peel and white membrane, cut in halves.
- Place all ingredients into juicer
- Pour into glass bottles or jars and store for up to 24 hours in fridge
Tips for Increased Benefits:
- Drink straight celery juice with no added fruit, vegetables, or water
- Drink 16 ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach
- Do not drink or eat anything for 30 minutes after drinking the juice
Buying Organic – Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen
- Always use organic or local when juicing – we juice for the health benefits and vitamins, not to overload our bodies with toxins from chemicals sprayed onto commercial produce
- If you absolutely cannot buy local or organic, be sure to soak produce in a vinegar mixture (1 cup vinegar, 4 cups water, and 1 tbsp lemon juice) for 5 minutes
- Store in glass bottles or jars rather than plastic to keep the benefits of the juice intact
- Juice typically lasts between 24 hours and 72 hours. Unless you have a Cold-Press Masticating Juicer, your juice is probably going to last closer to 24 hours. (Most people do not have this type)
- Fresh juice provides the most benefits when consumed right away. Juice starts to lose its nutrients after only about 30 minutes. Will you still receive benefits after those 30 minutes? Absolutely! But fresh is always best!
**Makes about 64 ounces of fresh celery juice, depending on the type of juicer and size of produce used
**This post contains affiliate links
2 thoughts on “Healing Celery Juice”
I am so excited about trying this. I want to lower my blood pressure naturally and improve my skin …
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am excited for you to start that journey! I definitely think it is an amazing way to start each day that leaves you feeling wonderful!
LikeLiked by 1 person