This is a tasty, simple recipe for avocado toast. It was inspired by a local juice bar in North Carolina and is one of my favorite ways to make avocado toast at home. With the addition of Everything but the Bagel seasoning, fresh herbs, and tomatoes – this avocado toast is sure to become one of your favorites!
Kitchen Items I recommend for this recipe:
- Toaster Oven – I have this one by Black and Decker and love it. It is very easy to use and is much more versatile than a regular toaster.
- Everything but the Bagel seasoning by Trader Joe’s – If you don’t already own this, it is a MUST buy seasoning. It is good on literally everything. I use it on avocado toast, eggs, roasted vegetables, and lox bagels – the options for this seasoning are endless!
- 1 slice Ezekiel bread (or other bread of your choosing – Choose Udi’s to make Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 avocado
- Splash fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Sprinkle of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Optional: Sliced tomatoes and fresh herbs – chives, cilantro, or parsley
- Toast one slice of Ezekiel bread in a toaster oven
- In a small bowl, smash 1/2 of an avocado together with a splash of fresh lemon juice, a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper.
- Spread avocado mixture onto Ezekiel toast
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto toast and sprinkle Everything but the Bagel Seasoning on top.
- Optional: top with sliced tomatoes and/or fresh herbs. I topped mine with tomatoes and chives.
- Serve immediately and enjoy by itself or with an egg for a little extra protein
**Recipe serves one