A delicious smoothie packed with antioxidants, clean protein, and a serving of vegetables.
Kitchen Items I recommend for this recipe:
Nutri-Bullet – The blender I use to make all of my smoothies. I highly recommend this blender as it is high speed and will blend pretty much anything. It also is very convenient size and is great for quick sauces and juices!
Tone It Up Vanilla Protein – This is my favorite plant based, vegan protein. I have tried several different kinds and many are very chalky or have a very artificial taste, this one tastes smooth and is delicious. I use Tone It Up protein in my smoothies, overnight oats, and baked goods.
Amazon Fresh Delivery / Whole Foods Delivery services to purchase the ingredients. Fast, inexpensive, and easy! Groceries delivered to your door with no extra charge! All of the items I purchased were purchased through Amazon Fresh Delivery
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (Tone It Up makes my favorite plant-based protein)
- 1 tsp honey (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Barney almond butter
- 1/2 frozen acai packet or one scoop acai powder
- 1/8 tsp xanthan powder
**Pre-freeze sliced bananas. Though this isn’t essential to the recipe, it does improve the texture of the smoothie. I always keep a bag of frozen sliced bananas on hand. It is a great way to use overripe bananas! Just slice the banana and place into a freezer-safe bag.
- Combine all ingredients into a Nutri-Bullet and pulse until fully blended together.
- Pour into a glass or drink straight from the Nutri-Bullet cup and enjoy!