Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
This delicious muffin recipe is great for a make-ahead breakfast or an on-the-go snack! These healthier banana muffins are consciously made using bananas, almond butter, and almond flour instead of oil, butter, and all-purpose flour, so they can be enjoyed anytime!
- 2 large overly ripe bananas (about 2 cups mashed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Use Lily’s for Paleo and Vegan)
- Topping: Additional sliced almonds, chocolate chips, and almond powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash 2 large bananas. Add in 1 egg, 1/2 cup almond butter, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix together until egg is fully combined and you have a smooth mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and dash of ground cloves.
- Mix dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 1/4 cup sliced almonds and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into an oiled muffin tin or muffin liners, splitting batter evenly into each of the 12 liners, filling about 2/3 of the way.
- Top each muffin with a couple chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and a sprinkle of almond powder before baking.
- Bake for 18 minutes. After 18 minutes, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean (minus the melted chocolate chips), they are finished cooking.
- Enjoy warm or make ahead for a quick breakfast or on-the-go snack!
**Store banana muffins for up to 3 days at room temperature. They will keep best when stored on a plate, loosely covered with foil, not in a sealed container.