An effortless side dish that goes great with fish, steak, or chicken. Roasts in only 12 minutes!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, cut into fourths
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Break the bottom end of an asparagus spear off, cut the remaining spears where that one broke (this gets rid of the tough ends).
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil onto baking sheet and spread asparagus on the sheet.
- Top asparagus with minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place a fourth of the pad of butter on top of each quarter area of asparagus.
- Place in the oven on the top rack for 8 minutes.
- Turn oven to 450 degrees and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until fork tender.
- Optional: Sprinkle additional salt, pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon to taste
- Remove from oven and serve with blackened mahi-mahi or another dish of choice.