Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel
If you are looking for one product to add to your skin care routine that will make a huge, almost immediate difference in your skin – look no further!
Take my skin care questionnaire for other recommendations on what products are best for your skin type and needs!
Here are some of the changes I have noticed in my skin since adding this into my regimen:
- My skin is SO, SO soft. (Noticed this after only one use)
- My skin is smoother, not just a little bit smoother, like silky smooth. A drastic difference from the rough, scaly skin that I had prior to this.
- My rosacea has lessened greatly. While I have some redness still, it is MUCH less noticeable than it was before.
- My overall skin tone is more even and I am not as splotchy.
- My skin is brighter and revived, it is no longer dull and lifeless.
- My sun damage and sun spots have lightened
- My pores are smaller and less noticeable
- My skin does not break out like it used to, and when my skin feels oily, I use this peel and by the time I wake up it has improved greatly.
- The wrinkles around my mouth and in between my eyebrows are less noticable.
**This peel is also safe for use during pregnancy and more effective than retinol.
One month ago I decided to take my first step into cleaner beauty and skin care products. The first switch I made was to Beautycounter skin care products specifically for my face. I switched to the CounterMatch collection regimen and added a few other products into my routine (more on that later).
Upon switching to cleaner skin care products, I have already noticed a drastic change in my skin. While I am loving my whole regimen, there is one product that truly stands out: Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel. After just ONE time of using it, my skin felt smoother, softer, and already looked more revitalized. After only one week of using the peel, I began to notice a pretty dramatic change in my skin and after two weeks, I was shocked by the difference I saw.
For years I have suffered with rosacea, dry and oily skin, breakouts, wrinkles, and eczema – to name a few. Finally, for the first time EVER, I have felt comfortable leaving the house with little to no makeup, which is a HUGE deal for me (even if we aren’t allowed to go very far right now). Last year, I wouldn’t have even walked out of my bedroom without makeup let alone left the house without it. So WOW, you know it must be good!
The photos below show what my skin looked like prior to using this product and a cleaner skin care regimen, what it looked like after one week of use, and what it looked like after two weeks of use.
Before, (Left), One Week of Use (Middle), After (Right)
What People Say About It:
“After using the peel last night, my skin is buttery smooth. I know that it has only been a night, but the texture of my skin is noticeably different. I really look forward to see what this product does in the long run.” (Update: It has been a week now and she is still LOVING it!)~ Jasmine, new customer to Beautycounter
After Two Weeks of Use:
- 100% agreed skin felt and looked smoother
- 90% experienced radiant and glowing skin
- 97% reported that skin felt resurfaced
- 87% said pores looked minimized
*Based on a 30-subject consumer perception study using the product every other day for two weeks.
Clinically Proven To:
- Boost skin radiance
- Help improve skin texture
**Based on a 31-subject clinical instrumentation study after four weeks.
How do you use the peel?
You use the Overnight Resurfacing Peel before bed during your nightly skin care routine.
First, wash your face, neck, and décolletage to get rid of all makeup and dirt.
Next, apply 2 pumps into your hand and gently spread a thin layer across your clean face, neck, and décolletage.
Then, allow 3-5 minutes for the peel to absorb completely, before you apply moisturizer.
Finally, use a moisturizer or night cream over top of the peel (do not wash it off!). I use this night cream after I have applied the peel and it works great!
A Few Tips:
- Most important: Do not skip a moisturizer afterwards!!
- Leave the peel on overnight (don’t rinse!) and then complete your normal morning skin care routine the next day. **Product doesn’t peel off, you just wash as usual.
- If your current skin care regimen includes a serum – use the peel in place of your regular serum. It’s considered a “treatment” in the “Cleanse, Prep, Treat, Hydrate” routine all good regimens should include.
- If you use a face oil – skip your face oil the night you use the peel. It won’t hurt anything, but some oils may lessen its effectiveness. Same goes for a face mask.
- If the tingling is intense, don’t use the peel again for 3-5 days. You can gradually increase use, using the peel up to 5 times a week (I use mine 3-4 times a week). **It’s normal for your skin to tingle a bit, especially when you first start using the product. I have found that this usually goes away once you apply moisturizer and after a few uses.
- If you have extra sensitive skin, you can do a patch test first with this product. **All Beautycounter products have a 60 day satisfaction guarantee, so you can test this product with no risk, even if you have sensitive skin!
- You should always be wearing sunscreen, but you especially need to wear it daily if you’re using this product. I wear the Dew Skin No. 2 daily since it has SPF and who doesn’t love a tinted moisturizer!
Benefits of the Overnight Resurfacing Peel:
- Improves skin texture
- Promotes cell turnover for a smoother complexion
- Boosts radiance
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces appearance of dark spots, age spots, and sun spots
- Evens skin tone
- Reduces redness
- Lessens breakouts
What acids are in it?
Most acids used in skin care are either alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs). They are effective in improving the appearance of the skin by breaking down dead skin cells on the surface of skin. The Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel uses a combination of acids, some that resurface skin, and others that soothe, hydrate, and protect skin. So, it’s an AHA BHA Peel.
It contains 15 botanically derived acids to gently reveal a brighter complexion without causing irritation. These are the star acids that help resurface skin.
- Glycolic Acid improves skin texture, resurfaces, and exfoliates.
- Lactic Acid stimulates cell renewal, which leads to a smoother, radiant-looking complexion.
- Citric Acid helps refine and renew skin.
It also contains malic acid, phytic acid, and ascorbic acid to help gently resurface. Rather than hyaluronic acid, it contains sodium hyaluronate. Why do they use that instead? The molecule size! Sodium hyaluronate has a much smaller molecular size so it can more easily penetrate skin. This is a really helpful article about the difference between hyaluronic acid and sodium hyaluronate, if you’re interested!
To help soothe and moisturize skin, it contains arginine, linoleic and linolenic acids, and oleic acids.
Is it safe for pregnancy?
In short, yes. It goes without saying because it is a Beautycounter product, but this peel is a MUCH safer option than most anti-aging serums and peels on the market, including retinol or Retin-A. Retinol is on Beautycounter’s Never List for a reason and doctors will tell you not to use retinol during pregnancy. Of course, check with your doctor since every pregnancy is different, but Beautycounter tests all of their products with safety in mind, especially for those who might be more vulnerable, like pregnant women. Personally, this peel has been much more effective on my skin than retinol and more importantly, without any of the negative side effects like peeling skin, itchiness, and dryness.
The Overnight Resurfacing Peel is also formulated without synthetic fragrances, PEGs, or formaldehyde-based preservatives that are often be found in other peels. Many peels use high levels of one or two resurfacing acids which may cause irritation. Since this peel uses a combination of resurfacing acids and soothing acids, it improves cell turnover to improve skin texture while still being gentle on the skin. Basically, you don’t have to trade off to get the benefits you want!
Want to try this product for free? DUH!!
Become a Band of Beauty member for only $29 a year and you will receive a travel size peel for FREE with a $50 purchase!
Band of Beauty members also receive the following perks:
- 10% product credit towards future purchases every time you shop
- Free shipping with every $100 purchase *This alone saves you up to $15 on shipping each time you shop
- Free welcome gift with $50 purchase! ($45 value Overnight Resurfacing Peel)
- Special offers for just members
**Pro-tip: Fill your cart with $50 of items and add Band of Beauty to see this discount reflected in your cart.
If you are looking for another great product to try, I recommend the charcoal mask! Another easy product to add into your existing routine, that works wonders! You can also take my skin care questionnaire to receive more tailored recommendations.
The Bottom Line:
Of all of the many skin care products I have tried, this one is 100% worth every penny. The best part is unlike other peels it does not contain compromising chemicals and ingredients, but still gives you amazing results. Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel is a MUST HAVE in my skincare routine and is a product that I always have extra of, because it is that amazing! It is also an easy addition to an existing skin care routine and is perfect if you are looking to add something to your current routine that is cleaner, but will still provide you with quick results. You can buy the peel here.
If you don’t yet have a skin care routine you love, complete this quick questionnaire and I will help you find the products that are best for your skin type and needs!
If you’ve tried Beautycounter’s Overnight Resurfacing Peel, I’d love to hear what you think!