This healthy alternative to takeout can be thrown together in under 30 minutes and makes for a great easy dinner or a delicious lunch! These noodle bowls are packed with veggies and protein, so you can feel great knowing you are giving your body the things it loves!
- 1 box protein whole wheat spaghetti or chickpea protein spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup finely julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, plus additional for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus additional for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or almonds, plus additional for topping
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, plus additional for topping
- 1 lb medium-large shrimp
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Once cooked, drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Add in shrimp, spreading out in the pan (cooking in separate batches if you don’t have enough space). Allow to cook for 3 minutes on one side until shrimp begins to turn pink. Flip shrimp over to the uncooked side. Add in 2 tbsp tamari and 2 tbsp lime juice. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until pink and no longer translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sesame-tamari dressing – 3 tbsp tamari, maple syrup, and lime juice. Along with 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and fresh grated ginger, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Whisk together until fully emulsified.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, red peppers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, peanuts/almonds, sesame seeds, and sesame-tamari dressing. Mix until everything is incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with additional green onion, cilantro, peanuts/almonds, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!