Subscribe below so you never miss a new recipe, wellness or clean beauty tip!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional: Serve with roasted spaghetti squash, marinara, and mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees while you prepare the meatballs.
- Turn stove to medium heat and drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil into cast iron pan.
- Once oil is hot, add in diced onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and saute for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Pour in 2 tbsp red wine and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Saute for 3-5 more minutes until liquid has evaporated and onions are softened. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, beaten egg, 3 tbsp almond flour, 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, cooled onion mixture (if you put this in hot, you will end up with scrambled eggs), 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix with hands until just combined – do not overwork meat or it will become tough.
- Scoop 2 heaping tbsp of meatball mixture into hands and roll into a ball. Repeat until you have used all of the meatball mixture.
- Place meatballs onto a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove meatballs from oven.
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron pan. Sear meatballs for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. **They should already be cooked through at this point, so this is just for color.
- Place meatballs in marinara sauce on a low simmer until ready to serve. Serving suggestion – over roasted spaghetti squash with marinara and mozzarella cheese.
**Recipe makes 12 meatballs or 4 servings
Check Out Latest Posts:
- Paleo Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Gluten-Free Italian Turkey Meatballs
- My Journey to Clean Living – Phase Two
- BEST EVER Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Smoky Shrimp and Stone Ground White Cheddar Grits
Follow Us on Instagram: