Looking for an easy meal prep idea? This meal takes less than 10 minutes to prep and then just set it in the oven and forget it (until it beeps of course). The recipe below makes enough for 5 servings – a full week of delicious lunches or dinners ready in only 45 minutes!
Calorie and Macro Breakdown by serving:
353 calories per serving (without optional items) 53.4g protein, 16.4g carbs, 7.9g fat
- 2 lbs organic chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 2 orange bell peppers, julienned
- 1 large Vidalia onion, julienned
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 packet organic fajita seasoning
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Optional for serving: One lime cut into wedges, avocado slices, Siete almond flour tortillas, and Forager dairy free sour cream
**Try to choose an organic fajita seasoning that has simple ingredients and no additives or you can make your own! I also make sure to choose organic, dairy-free, and grain-free, but you can adjust this recipe to whatever your own needs are!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread julienned bell peppers and onions evenly onto an aluminum foil covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp avocado oil onto peppers and onions. Season with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix to combine.
- Coat chicken breasts in fajita seasoning, making sure to fully cover both sides. Place chicken on top of peppers and onions.
- Put sheet pan in the oven for 25-30 minutes (time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts and oven). At about 20 minutes, begin to check for a doneness of 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the chicken, peppers, and onions.
- Move chicken to a cutting board and cut chicken into strips.
- Evenly distribute peppers, onions, and chicken into meal prep containers.
- Top with diced tomatoes and cilantro. Place one lime wedge in each container.
- Put 1 tbsp dairy free sour cream into separate containers to serve with fajitas, along with 1/4 an avocado and two almond flour tortillas. I keep these items separate so that the meal can easily be reheated. I simply have these items ready to go and grab them as soon as I am ready to grab my meal!
**Other serving suggestions: serve over cauliflower rice, brown rice, or quinoa to make a chicken fajita bowl, or just enjoy this delicious meal on its own!
Check Out Our Latest Instagram Posts:
Follow us on instagram @ http://www.instagram.com/partnersincooking
Check Out Our Latest Blog Posts:
- Sheet Pan Fajita Chicken
- Paleo Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Gluten-Free Italian Turkey Meatballs
- My Journey to Clean Living – Phase Two
- BEST EVER Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies