High Protein, Paleo
Lightened up french toast with a boost of protein. Ingredients are Paleo, if you choose to allow sprouted grains in your diet like I do
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil (I used grass-fed butter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Grade A organic maple syrup, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus additional for topping
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp Barney’s almond butter powder, or PBfit peanut butter powder (I used almond)
- So Delicious coconut whipped topping, optional
- Fresh berries, optional
- Beat 2 eggs in a medium bowl, making sure that the egg whites and egg yolks are completely incorporated.
- Mix in 2 tbsp almond/coconut milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp Grade A organic maple syrup, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt.
- While mixing vigorously, sprinkle in 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen, making sure to incorporate quickly so it does not clump.
- Turn stove to medium heat and melt 1 tbsp grass-fed butter/coconut oil on a large nonstick skillet.
- Dip each slice of Ezekiel bread into mixture, allowing both sides to soak for 20 seconds until saturated. Allow extra liquid to drip off.
- Place Ezekiel bread onto hot skillet, spacing out evenly. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes on the first side, until golden brown. Flip over, adding the additional 1 tbsp grass-fed butter/coconut oil to the pan, and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes on the second side, until golden brown. Adjust time and heat based on how it is browning. Once both sides are golden brown, remove french toast from the skillet.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon and 2 tbsp almond/peanut butter powder onto french toast and plate and drizzle additional maple syrup over french toast. Top with coconut whipped topping and fresh berries. Serve immediately and enjoy!
**Recipe serves two people
**This post contains affiliate links